Beware slugs and snails

In recent years there has been a sharp increase in the number of infections in dogs by a lungworm called Angiostrongylus vasorum (sometimes called ‘French heartworm’). Unfortunately for us, this parasite is particularly common in South Wales, and seems to be moving northwards. We have examined a number of suspect cases recently.

Dogs catch lungworm by eating slugs or snails that are infected with the parasite. Lungworm infection causes serious health problems, and can be fatal. Lungworm infection is not prevented by veterinary worming tablets, but there is a spot-on solution that prevents infection.

For more information about lungworm and it’s treatment and prevention, please contact us to have a chat or visit www.lungworm.co.uk.

Practice information

Lampeter Surgery

Back
  • Mon
    8:30am - 5:00pm
  • Tue
    8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Wed
    8:30am - 4:00pm
  • Thu
    8:30am - 5:00pm
  • Fri
    8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Sat
    9:00am - 10:00am
  • Sun
    Closed

Emergency Details

Please call:

01570 422322
Back

Find us here:

5 High Street Lampeter SA48 7BA
get directions with Google Maps
Back

Please call this number for emergencies:

01570 422322

Tregaron Surgery (CLOSED)

Back
  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    Closed

Emergency Details

Please call:

01570 422322
Back

Find us here:

Station Road Tregaron SY25 6HX
get directions with Google Maps
Back

Please call this number for emergencies:

01570 422322